As promised, I have updated the AM2315 temperature sensor “How-To” document for modern times. The changes include:
- The removal of the obsolete quickwire library that caused so much pain.
- Removing quickwire also removed the dependency on Python3.
- Added the very capable i2c library tentacle-pi written by lexruee.
- Use of the Raspian Switch OS means these instructions work on any Pi.
- Streamlined 6-Step process.
I have tested the new procedures on every Pi that I have in the drawer. This includes a Pi v1, v2, vA+, v3, and the Pi Zero. Yup – they all work using the same software and the same pinout. Sweet!
You can download the new document and test script here.
For all of you that have contacted me in the last couple of months trying to get your sensor working, I apologize for the delay in getting this document updated.